Well, I got my pumpkin, which sits on our front doorstep next to the black bottle-cat. The bottle-cat is copied from a book of antique and collectible dolls, which has a picture of some bottle-dolls. I made the cat by taking an empty wine bottle and a black tee-shirt. I placed the bottle on the tee shirt and drew a chalk outline of the cat, cut it out, stitched it, leaving the bottom open. Next, I turned it inside out, stuffed the head and put the cat on
top of the bottle. Voila! A black cat, to put next to the orange pumpkin. The finishing touch is a faux-rhinestone collar, purchased from the local fabric shop.
Dollwise, I finished big Raggedy Ann last weekend, and she and Andy have been inseparable ever since. However, her blond hair, which looked so cute when I first pinned it on, was too long and thin when I sewed it on. So my blond Raggedy is going to get a redo this weekend. Also, I was so excited when she was finished, I dressed her in Sophie's old Raggedy Ann dress. It's too big, so Annie will get a new dress this weekend, some bloomers and a fresh white apron with a pocket, in traditional Raggedy style!
Here are some pictures of Raggedy Ann and Andy, while Ann was being made, with her present hair and dress. Next week, you'll see her with her new do and outfit. Next project will be some new, smaller dolls for the Costa Rica trip!
More on that next time, as well as some news about our recent visit to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art and the new Broad wing!
Have a great week!